Crypto and Bitcoin Poker Sites 2023
You’ve just arrived at the most complete guide along with a list of the best crypto poker sites on the internet. If you’re looking to learn more about how to get started, keep on reading as we will guide you through everything from how to pick a site to how to deposit your choice of cryptocurrency. And the best part? You get to pick a huge bonus offer from some of the most exclusive promotions in the crypto gambling world. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Accepted cryptocurrencies: Binance Coin, Bitcoin, Cardano, DogecoinMEthereum, Litecoin, Monero, Ripple, Solana, Tether, TRON, USD Coin, XRP
Accepted cryptocurrencies: Apecoin, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Cardano, Chainlink, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Shiba Inu, Solana, Stellar, Tether, USDCoin
Accepted cryptocurrencies: Binance Coin, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Solana, Tether, Tron
Accepted cryptocurrencies: Binance Coin, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Solana, Tether, Tron
Accepted cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash
Accepted cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin
What is Crypto Poker?
So, what is crypto poker and how does it differ from conventional online poker? When we refer to crypto poker, we simply mean the version that is played with cryptocurrency rather than fiat currency. So, instead of playing using currencies like USD, GBP and EUR, you’re playing with decentralized currencies such as BTC, ETH and LTH.
If you already know how to play poker, you can enjoy the same games at a crypto poker site as you would in a traditional online casino site. You may, however, notice some differences apart from the currency bit. For instance, bonus promotions offered by crypto gambling sites tend to be way larger.
When playing Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Hi-Lo or any other type of poker at a crypto casino, you also get the benefit of provably fair games. Instead of relying on a third party to check the games fairness, you can do it yourself thanks to smart algorithms and hash codes.
You’ll soon discover that there are numerous other benefits of playing at a crypto poker site. Let’s proceed with teaching you how to choose the best site based on your needs and preferences.
How to Choose the Best Crypto Poker Site for You
Before you choose a casino, it’s important to take a moment to figure out what’s important to you. Is it a specific type of poker? Or maybe you want to play with a really juicy cash bonus? If either one of these is the case, you’re welcome to check out the list of best crypto poker sites that our Cryptocasinogamesonnet.com experts have assembled.
But don’t take our word for it. You can try thousands of free slots and other casino games at these sites before you decide. That’s a great way to get a feel for whether or not a specific site is for you.
Here are some helpful tips on finding the best crypto poker site:
- Read expert reviews
- Play free crypto poker at our toplisted sites
- Make small deposits to a few sites
- Compare offers in our list of exclusive promotions
How to Register at a Crypto Poker Site
So, you’ve decided that you like one of our recommended casinos in the list of best crypto poker sites? It’s very easy to get started and usually won’t take more than a couple of minutes to sign up. So, let’s get you started quickly with this easy to follow step-by-step-guide.
- Go to your chosen crypto poker site and click on the registration page.
- Choose your bonus offer and accept the casinos terms and conditions.
- Choose how much you want to play for and your preferred cryptocurrency and crypto wallet.
- Open your crypto wallet and transfer the funds from your crypto wallet to the casino using the address provided.
- Done! The money should be instantly deposited, giving you immediate access to the games and your chosen bonus.
The step-guide above assumes that you already have some cryptocurrency. If that’s not the case, you can check out our guide on exchange sites, or if you want to save time, directly buy crypto here. Just make sure that your crypto poker site will accept your chosen cryptocurrency. Some sites only accept Bitcoin or Ethereum, while others accept several currencies.
Game Variety at the Best Crypto Poker Sites
If you’re worried that you might not be able to play your favorite game with cryptocurrency, don’t! The game libraries at the best crypto poker sites measure up to those of your best conventional online casinos. After all, many of the industry leading game developer provide poker clients and software to cryptocurrency sites nowadays. For example, you’ll be able to play:
- Texas Hold’em – The, without a doubt, most popular type of poker and for good reason. It’s simple, easy to learn but comes with a depth that makes it a favorite of many a professional Vegas players and people who play online. In Hold’em you get 2 hole cards and can play cash games as well as SNG’s and other types of fun tournaments.
- Omaha – Sometimes called Omaha Hold’em, is the second most popular type of poker. In this game, you get 4 hole cards rather than 2, and you get to use only 2 of them plus 3 of the community cards (flop, turn, river) to create your final hand.
- Omaha Hi/Lo – This exciting version is different in that even the worst hand can win! At the showdown after the river card is dealt, the lowest ranking hand will be awarded half of the pot. But there’s a twist... for a hand to count as a low ranking hand it needs to consist of cards with a value of 8 or lower. Furthermore, each card needs to be of a different value, so for instance, you can’t have to 8: s and win with a low hand.
- 7 Card Stud – This game can be played with up to 8 players compared to Hold’ems usual 10–12 seat tables. 7 Card Stud doesn’t have a flop and while it depends on the rule variation, it usually doesn’t include community cards at all. You get dealt a total of 7 cards of which 3 are face down and 4 are face up. There is a unique element of strategy that comes with being able to see your opponent’s cards.
- 5 Card Draw – A great alternative if you’re after something simple. 5 Card draw is the game that created an entire under-category of so called video poker games. You get dealt 5 cards of which you can discard 3 after a round of betting. You can also take as many new cards from the deck as you discarded. If you’re dealt an Ace, you get to discard 4 cards rather than 3. 5 Card draw is usually the first one that people learn after Hold’em or Omaha. It’s one of the oldest and most beloved types of poker played by people all around the world.
- Deuce to 7 Triple Draw – Annoyed at always getting the worst hand? Then you should try your hand at Deuce to 7 Triple Draw, a unique variant of poker in which the worst hand wins at showdown. Being a draw game, you get dealt 5 cards of which you may discard up to 5 and get back as many cards as you discarded from the deck.
- Razz – Razz is similar to Deuce to 7 Triple Draw in that your goal is to make the lowest hand possible. However, flushes and straights don’t count as lows and the Ace is always worth 1 point. The lowest hand and as such the best Razz hand is A, 2, 3, 4, 5, a.k.a” the bicycle” or” the wheel”.
- Badugi – Badugi is a type of poker played where your aim is to get the lowest hand with 4 cards. It’s a draw type of game and you get 3 chances to draw and take new cards from the deck to create your hand. Compared to Razz, the lowest (and best) possible hand is even lower being A, 2, 3, 4.
- Video Poker – This is a popular version of 5 card draw that’s played against a computer rather than against other players in a live casino setting. Video poker has one of the highest return to player rates of all the casino games, often going as high as 99%. If you like the relaxing and sometimes hypnotizing feeling of slots, chances are you’ll like this type of poker.
Now bear in mind that these games mentioned are only a few of the popular poker games you’ll be able to enjoy at our shortlisted crypto poker sites. Over the years, several more variations with different rules have been created. For a while, only Hold’em and a a few other variants were available at cryptocurrency sites, but nowadays you get as many choices at a crypto site as you would a conventional online casino.
Crypto Video Poker
As mentioned, this is a thrilling poker type that certainly deserves its own heading in our comprehensive guide to crypto poker. Video poker is one of the most popular types and it’s a variation of 5 Card Draw played against a computer rather than live opponents.
It’s popular for a good reason, not only is it fun and relaxing (not on a time limit) but the return to player rate is incredibly high at 99.50% or more in some variations like Jacks or Better. Here are some popular variations of video poker with high RTP that can be enjoyed at our recommended crypto poker sites:
- Jacks or Better – RTP: 99.53%+
- Deuces Wild – RTP: 98.91%+
- Joker’s Wild – RTP: 94.43%+
- Double Bonus – RTP: 99.11%+
Aside from these video poker variants, you can also play a range of low pay games such as 9/5 Jacks or Better and 8/6 Jacks or Better. Also available are versions that come with a progressive jackpot included. The jackpot will increase in value each time someone pays for a round at a connected crypto casino. If you want to get into video poker you can always try some of the games for free in a demo version at a casino in our list of best crypto poker sites.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing on Cryptocurrency Poker Sites
You might be surprised by the number of benefits that come with playing at a cryptocurrency poker site rather than a conventional online casino. Not only are the bonuses bigger, but it’s also a much safer alternative. Crypto is the future, after all, and in this section, we’ve assembled a list of the top advantages for you to peruse. For transparency, we’ll also bring up the downsides a little further down.
- Anonymity – The big one. If you value privacy over convenience and false security, you’ll love playing poker at a site that takes cryptocurrency. In fact, many players choose crypto sites just for anonymity and integrity reasons alone.
- Bigger bonuses – Crypto poker sites are still on the uprise and try to lure in players with lucrative bonus promotions. With no middlemen or governments taking their cut, the sites can usually offer bigger and better bonuses to new and returning players.
- Security – When playing at a crypto poker site, you’ll quickly notice you get offered an overall safer and more secure gambling experience. This is not only due to the provably fair games but also because all transactions are protected by advanced blockchain encryptions. And when you’re transferring money to and from the casino, you don’t have to provide any details other than the address to your crypto wallet.
- Fast withdrawals – Deposits are instant whether you’re playing at conventional casinos or crypto casinos. But since there’s no governing authority to control the transactions, the withdrawal speeds are simply faster at crypto poker sites. Depending on the exchange site and cryptocurrency used, you can expect to see your winnings in your crypto wallet as early as 2 minutes after requesting a withdrawal.
- No Geo-restrictions – Crypto poker sites are usually certified in several jurisdictions, and some of them lack geo-restrictions entirely. Many players utilize a VPN to play with cryptocurrency from anywhere in the world.
- Cheaper – When you pay with a decentralized currency like Bitcoin, the fees are naturally lower. There are always going to be exceptions, but most crypto poker sites offer free transfers to and from the gambling site. When there are fees, they’re usually a low and fixed amount rather than percentage based as in conventional online casinos.
- A lot of fish! – Poker is a skill game, and it doesn’t change based on the currency used. However, most professional players are still stuck playing at the biggest sites that only take fiat currency. After all, they have already established themselves as sharks and have no reason to leave. This leaves a lot of the bad players wallets untapped at crypto poker sites. So, there are a lot of opportunities to make money for those with a skilled hand in poker.
- Provably fair poker games – This is a big one, too. Provable fairness is something that conventional online casinos simply can’t offer. And it’s something completely unique to crypto gambling sites. Provably fair simply means that players themselves can check the fairness of each game type provided. In online poker, it means you can make sure that your hole cards as well as the community cards of the flop, turn and river are 100% randomly generated.
- Few payment methods – While some poker sites accept a variety of cryptocurrencies, most only accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin. If you ever want to pay with a fiat currency for whatever reason, you might have to look into a conventional online casino rather than a crypto site.
- No reversals – Once you’ve transferred the crypto to or from the online casino, it’s done. Since we’re talking about a decentralized currency, there’s no option to do a chargeback or cancel a withdrawal.
- Volatility – To be fair, this can be both a pro and con depending on the circumstance. There will be months when the Bitcoin, Litecoin or whatever currency you use will be way down, and months where it will shoot up to the stars giving you a potentially huge bonus. If you can’t handle the pressure of the volatility, you might be better off at a conventional online casino site.
FAQ About Crypto Poker
What cryptocurrencies can be used to play online poker?
You can play crypto poker using any of the available cryptocurrencies at our recommended online casinos. The accepted currencies differ from each casino, however, so make sure to check directly with the casino of your choice to make sure your preferred currency is available. Most popular is Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Dogecoin but there are a range of options available.
What is the best crypto poker site?
We recommend Winz casino, 20 Bet or Bizzo casino if you want to get in on the action quickly with a generous welcome bonus at your disposal. If you find that these crypto poker sites are not for you, do feel free to check out our other options in our toplist further up on the page.
How to use crypto to play poker?
At crypto casinos, you’ll use your choice of cryptocurrency to deposit money using a crypto wallet. When it’s time to take out your winnings, you’ll transfer the funds right back to your crypto wallet. If you’re new to crypto gambling, check out our highly accessible guide on crypto casinos.
Is crypto poker better than conventional online poker?
Yes. If for no other reason because the poker games, as well as all other games at cryptocurrency sites, are provably fair. You don’t have to rely on anyone else and can in fact check for yourself using hash codes to make sure the games are not rigged. Crypto transactions are often of high value, so there is also advanced blockchain technology in place to make sure the transactions to and from the casino are secure.
Is crypto poker legal?
This depends on your jurisdiction but in most countries it’s either legal or in a gray area. Crypto competes directly with centralized fiat currencies, so it’s only natural that there’s going to be an opposition, mainly amongst government agencies. At Cryptocasinosonnet.com we only endorse fully licensed crypto poker sites that are completely safe to play at.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using cryptocurrency for online poker?
The main advantage is the anonymity, the provably fair games and of course the higher standard of security at crypto sites utilizing advanced blockchain technology and provably fair games. The biggest disadvantage is the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Whether you’re playing with BTC or another crypto, it tends to go up and down in value a lot more than fiat currencies.
How to deposit money to a crypto poker site?
First, you’ll need to visit an exchange site to trade fiat currency for your choice of cryptocurrency. While signing up to the online casino, you can easily deposit money from your crypto wallet using the address provided by the casino site.
How long does a withdrawal take?
A withdrawal from a crypto poker site usually takes no longer than a couple of minutes depending on the currency and crypto wallet used. Keep in mind the payout speed differs from site to site and while some of the best crypto poker sites are open 24/7, some are closed during holidays and weekends.
What does provably fair mean?
Provably fair is a feature unique to crypto casinos and crypto poker sites and it means the games can be proven beyond all doubt to be fair and not rigged. At conventional online casinos one would have to trust a certified third party organization or licensing agency. At crypto sites there is an algorithm that allows you to check for yourself if the outcome of each game round is based on real RNG and is completely random.
What poker games can I play at crypto poker sites?
The game variety is the same as that of conventional online poker. You can enjoy Hold’em, Omaha, Hi-Lo, 5 Card Stud, 7 Card Draw or anything in between. Of course, with the added benefits of playing anonymously with a decentralized currency!